I made this up when I was craving a chocolate treat. My health issues were flaring, so I had to be very careful with what I ate. This worked!
The kefir is a good probiotic; the honey provides a healthy sweetness. Since this is no-cook, the benefits of each are not compromised.
Maca is a plant-based superfood. This is an adaptogenic herb and it can balance hormone levels, boost energy, and support a healthy libido. It is rich in antioxidants; enhances mood, energy, and memory; balances estrogen levels, and boosts male fertility. See https://draxe.com/nutrition/top-5-maca-root-benefits-and-nutrition/
Matcha green tea is another adaptogenic superfood. It helps boost the immune system; aids in detoxification; slows cancer cell growth; and can help with weight loss. See https://naturallivingfamily.com/matcha-green-tea-benefits/
Raw cacao is also an adaptogenic antioxidant.
This recipe provides protein from chia seeds and protein powders.
The coffee granules are optional; coffee intensifies chocolate flavor.
- 1/3 cup chia seed
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 (heaping) tablespoon maca powder
- 1 (heaping) tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (optional) or other sweetener such as maple syrup, give or take to taste
- 1 scoop high-quality chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 scoop high-quality vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups dairy or nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup kefir
Mix together in either a blender or a tall container for an immersion blender.
Add all ingredients to the container.
Blend until all ingredients are incorporated and pudding is smooth (2-4 minutes, depending on the blender and how smooth you like it).
Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Yield: 2 cups
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: no cook