There are a lot of different kinds of pain. All of them need prayer. When pain becomes chronic, we need new perspectives, different ways of thinking, and new ways of doing things.
Whether you are in pain, or know someone who is, here are some prayers to consider for those who are suffering, and for those in their lives.
Lord, as ____ suffers, I pray
- For discernment to know Your task list day by day
- For peace with having a smaller task list.
- For peace with more rest as needed.
- For courage to speak up and advocate when needed.
- You give wisdom and words to share deeply with spouse / loved ones.
- ____ keeps an anchor in Scripture and God-centered writings.
- You show ____ specific verses to lift and give light and peace.
- That ____ looks to You for Your Light.
- Keep ____ from falling into darkness. Suffering can drag us down to despair, into darkness. Darkness can lead us astray, it is disorienting, and walking in it leads to errors; and then we believe lies, and we stumble. I pray a continued light unto ____’s path, step-by-step.
- May ____ continue faithful in Your Word, even when feeling faithless.
- Sometimes we miss Your blessings. May ____ consciously look for Your blessings, and rejoice to see You. Give ____ eyes to see you.
- Show ____ how to rise above the pain, and know Your peace that passes all understanding.
- Show ____ how to be a blessing to others, even amidst suffering.
- And bless ____ with a soft heart, to desire to be a blessing.
- May we all remember to praise You always.
- Give wisdom to all medical care persons, and to those who help to care for ____. Give wisdom to ____ in knowing when to call for help / appointments, and how to appropriately carry out necessary treatments / procedures.
- Bless all concerned with soft, loving, and forgiving hearts.
- But also give courage to stick to what is necessary.
- As our lives / schedules / needs change, give our minds capacity to see things with a different perspective, and grace to accept changes.
- When there are children involved, give grace and wisdom for appropriate and loving communication.
- When things are especially tough, may we put aside our fleshly reactions; and fall, instead, to our knees before You.
- Father, we praise You for Your hand in our lives. We know You have purposes for all that we go through. May we persist in You, knowing that a crown of righteousness awaits us, for we love You (2 Timothy 4.8).