I had the apples
I had the spices
I had the pie dough
I had the appliances.
I had the time
I had the space
I had the oven,
I had the place.
I had all I needed
Except the ambition
So here is the –ish part
Of my creation.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into wedges
- 1 prepared pie crust dough, thawed
- Sucanat (or sugar, or brown sugar)
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice
- Butter (about 2 tablespoons), shredded or cut into itty-bitty pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread dough out flat onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange apple slices onto dough.
- Sprinkle with sugar and sprinkle with spices.
- Sprinkle with butter pieces.
- Bake 35 minutes, until crust is golden.
- To serve: Tear off portions and eat by hand; or slice and serve on plates. Ice cream might be good with it. Or maybe cheese.
To my surprise, this was SO GOOD!