Philippians 4.4-7 4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Note the progression of events:
- Rejoice in the Lord always.
- Let your moderation (gentleness, mildness, fairness – all of which come through Jesus) be evident to all. The Lord is with you.
- Be careful for nothing (like Matthew 6.25 Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.).
- Talk to God about your requests via prayer and supplication
- WITH THANKSGIVING
- And then what?
- Peace which passes all understanding!
- This peace shall keep your hearts and minds
- Through Jesus Christ
~ sigh ~ Don’t we all want peace in our hearts and minds? Family, friends, the world may rage around us, but we can have peace in our hearts and minds. We can display that peace to all around us.
Have you noticed that peace calls to peace? Peace – as in “Jesus is our Peace” – is tangible and evident in our lives. When we encounter someone else who has that same Peace, we notice; it draws us. Others are drawn to us who have that Peace. We have kindred Spirits.
We can all achieve that peace in our hearts and minds through thanksgiving.
Talk to God. Bring Him your thoughts, your supplications, your fears and worries and dreams. And in all of it, give Him thanks. Give bountifully. We can thank God in all things and for all things because we know that He loves us infinitely and unconditionally. We know that He really is taking good care of us. Our perspective isn’t the same as His, so we don’t see it all. But He does. And He is wrapping His loving arms around us with everlasting tenderness.
- Rejoice in the Lord
- Give it all to God
- Talk to Him
- Thank God for everything
- Receive His Peace.