We were gifted some kielbasa and, wondering what to do with it, I thought about my Baked Pork Chop Dinner – I liked it so much that I decided on a re-do.
The kielbasa itself was enough for one dinner for the two of us. I wanted enough of the “rest of the stuff” for some left-overs: it will be good fried up as a side.
- 1 14-oz pkg kielbasa
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks a bit larger than the sweet potatoes (they take different amounts of time to cook, so the sweet potatoes are a bit smaller)
- 1 medium-large onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 small apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- Liberal amounts of olive oil
- Seasoned salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- I used a large baking pan, 15” x 10”
- Pour a tablespoon or two of olive oil on the bottom of the pan.
- Place each of the sweet potatoes, potatoes, onions, and apples into the pan as you cut them up.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Gently mix the vegetables about the pan and spread evenly.
- Slice the kielbasa into lengths you like, and spread over the top of the vegetables.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350° for one hour.
- Remove the foil and bake another half hour.