Salt Sole (pronounced “so-lay”) is a healthy way to get your daily minerals. Information in this post is taken from Jacqueline at https://deeprootsathome.com/salt-sole-never-buy-minerals-again/; she references Dr. Mercola’s website: https://foodfacts.mercola.com/himalayan-salt.html. I strongly suggest you click over and read these articles, as they have so much valuable information.
But, to condense:
Salt sole is simply a saturated mixture of salt (REAL salt, not table, store-bought salt) and water (FILTERED water). Why is it so healthy? Because Himalyan salt or Celtic salt is naturally occurring, and provides a multitude of essential minerals our bodies need to function properly. And, the minerals are delivered in a way that our bodies can assimilate and use.
Contrary to wide media publicity, our bodies need salt (serious health consequences follow a diet too low in salt). But we don’t need any of the table salt commonly sold in grocery stores because those salts are processed so that it contains no more beneficial minerals, only sodium. Real salt contains many salty-tasting minerals, so you’re not getting just sodium. Use real (i.e., Himalayan pink salt) for all of your salt needs in cooking and seasoning. Real salt provides iodine naturally; it is not processed out and added back in, as in table salt. One teaspoon of Himalayan Sole (and other unrefined salt) contains approximately 412 mg. of unprocessed, natural sodium. The USDA states that the body absolutely requires a minimum of 500 mg. of sodium per day just to live.
Salt sole offers these health benefits:
- Sole is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats.
- Sole is a strong natural antihistamine.
- Sole can dissolve and eliminate sediments which lead to stones and various forms of rheumatism like arthritis and kidney and gall bladder stones.
- Sole can balance the alkalinity/acidity [pH] of the body and work towards normalizing blood pressure. Contrary to popular belief these salts do not elevate blood pressure. Their ability to regulate fluid balance allows them to naturally stabilize blood pressure at a healthy and supportive level for the body.
- Sole is vital for clearing up congestion of the sinuses.
- Sole is essential for the prevention of muscle cramps.
- Sole can help with skin diseases by cleaning from inside out.
- Sole is vital for the clearance of the lungs of mucous plugs and sticky phlegm, particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis.
- It is vital for sleep regulation. It is a natural hypnotic.
- It is vital to the extraction of excess acidity from the cells in the body, particularly the brain cells.
- It is vital for balancing the sugar levels in the blood; a crucial element for diabetes sufferers.
- It is vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy in your body’s cells.
- It is vital to the nerve cells for communication and information processing.
- It is vital for absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract.
- Sole is absolutely vital to making the structure of bones firm. Osteoporosis, in many ways, is a result of mineral and water shortage in the body.
- A little Sole on the tongue will help stop persistent dry coughs.
- It can help restore magnesium when you have a migraine.
And, a study conducted at the University of Graz in Austria found that people who drank water containing Himalayan crystal salt daily experienced improvement in:
- respiratory conditions
- organ functions
- connective tissues
- reported sleeping better
- having more energy
- ability to concentrate better and longer
- lost unwanted weight
- enhanced hair and nail growth
- a glass jar
- a plastic lid, non-metal
- himalayan, celtic, or real salt
- filtered water
- Fill the jar about ¼ of the way with Himalayan Salt, Real Salt or Celtic Salt (or a mixture)
- Add filtered water to fill the jar, leaving room at the top
- Cap jar and shake gently (Ball makes leak-proof lids)
- Leave on the counter overnight to let the salt fully dissolve
- In the morning, if there is still some salt on the bottom of the jar, the water has absorbed its maximum amount and it is ready for use. If not, add more salt and repeat (shake and wait overnight) until there is salt remaining at the bottom of the jar. This means that the water is fully saturated.
Consume every morning on an empty stomach. Do not stir. Take *2-3 tsp. of the Sole from the top of the Sole and add it into a glass of water. Do not use a metal utensil. A wooden or plastic spoon is preferred, but do not leave it sitting in the Sole.
* Even with such a small amount of sole in your glass of water, it will taste very salty. You may want to start with just 1 tsp of sole added to your water, and work your way up.
You can store Sole at room temp. It will last indefinitely as salt is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal so you should never have to buy minerals again unless you run out of salt! More water and salt can be added as needed to keep up the amount in the jar.
Real salts can be purchased at many health food stores, vitacost.com, amazon.com, or from your favorite supplier.