Thank you, Amy, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Amy is a gifted blogger; please visit her site at https://anewlife256599767.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules…
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post.
Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
Choose 5-11 fellow bloggers to nominate, and ask them your own questions.
My questions from Amy, and my answers:
- How do you spread rays of sunshine outside of the blogging world?
My husband tells me my smile is like sunshine.
2. By looking at your all-time stats, what are your readers’ favorite posts?
I don’t know how to navigate my stats enough to find the answer to that. From all the clicking I did, I think the top ones are Love Dat Famlee, Environment Shapes Expectations, Change Your Past, and The Art of Listening.
3. What are you favorite posts, either something you have written or something that touched your heart from another blogger?
4. What is your favorite faith based film?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1N-Hdqno4w EE-TAOW! It puts me on my knees, crying praises to God. It’s only a bit over 20 minutes; I encourage you to watch.
5. What is your favorite verse in the Bible and why?
Cannot pick a favorite. However, my life verse when I was baptized was James 4.8b, “Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.” It depicts God’s goodness, grace, mercy, and love; while reminding us of our responsibilities.
6. If given the chance and the trip was free, would go to outer space for a month? Why or why not?
No. Just no.
7. What about writing is the hardest for you personally?
I enjoy it when I’m stirred to write. Otherwise, it feels like a chore.
8. Could you see yourself as a missionary?
I went through the application process, years ago. When I was talking to my friend about it, I told her I thought I’d “received the call.” She advised me emphatically, “Hang up!” I finished up the application and was turned down because I was a single mom.
9. If you had the chance to go on any mission trip where would you love to go?
I’ve already traveled quite a bit (Air Force dad), so I would just go where they tell me.
10. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
No favorites. I do like living in a climate that experiences all four seasons, though; no pining for tropics or beaches.
11. Is there a specific topic that you have wanted to write about but haven’t yet? And if so, what is it?
“The Angel of Death” has been meandering around my head for a while. I’m working on it.
(Please note that participation is completely voluntary, no hurry, no pressure.)
Questions for my nominees to answer:
1.Write something about your family (as broad or narrow as you want).
2. Write something about your church family (as broad or narrow as you want).
3. What life lesson has God been working in you recently?
4. What kind of fantasy vacation would you dream up (money not a factor)?
5. Favorite book(s)? Include a note about your favorite genres / authors.
6. Write something about a teacher of yours.
7. Write a two-line poem about clouds (you can change clouds to something else, if you want).
8. Favorite hot beverage?
9. Where is the farthest-away-living relative that you know of?
10. What is a good gift for someone that costs little to nothing?
11. Are you into holiday hoopla (house all decorated, stacks of Christmas cards, lists for gifts, parties & get-togethers, Christmas sweaters, etc); or are you low-key; or are you non-existant?