Liebster Award!! Well this looks fun.
Thank you to Stu for nominating me – Stu, you’re so cool.
Here are my answers to Stu’s questions:
- Besides the Bible what is your favorite book you have ever read?
Oh, oh, oh. So many favorites, it’s hard to pick one. The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett) was a favorite for years and years. I still love it. The Wild Swans (Hans Christian Andersen) took my heart at an early age. A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 (Phillip Keller) – wow. Another wow: The Shack (William P. Young).
- What, in your opinion, is your greatest achievement in life?
I’m pretty mundane. I love and respect my parents. People who know me know I love Jesus and that He’s my Savior.
- What is your reason for blogging?
I wrote a book: Book I, In Which We Meet Maggie Tiggles. That’s where the blog name came from. If I ever do anything with the book, I wanted to make sure I got the blog name before anyone else thought of it. I like to write, and my stuff was gathering virtual dust on my laptop. God gives me some great devotions sometimes, and that’s mostly what I write. The blogging presence I’ve encountered has taken my breath away – so encouraging and uplifting! I feel like I’m having devotions when I read all those blogs.
- What is the best advice you have for newer bloggers?
I am a newer blogger; I still don’t know what I’m doing!
- If you could change anything in the world, what would it be?
I would make it clean again. I despair and grieve over the pollution in our air, water, land, and food, and the fact that we are poisoning ourselves with chemicals.
- Do you color with crayons or markers?
Oh, crayons, absolutely. I’m messy, and crayons are more forgiving.
- Besides Jesus, who is your favorite biblical figure?
I don’t know that I have a favorite character, but one of my favorite moments is when Hezekiah, confronted by fierce-looking Assyrians, and receiving a letter from Sennacherib, goes to the house of the Lord and humbly spreads the letter before his Lord.
- Who or what makes you yearn to be a better person than you were yesterday?
The Holy Spirit. Each day He teaches me something new, and I yearn more and more to be like Him.
- When you go out on the town, what is your attire?
The closest I get to “out on the town” is our small-town, once-a-month summertime downtown block party. Comfy is key. I do like to dress to the nines once in a great while, and it’s usually some kind of to-do with my mother.
- If you have children, where is your favorite place to take them?
My son is 35. When he was little, one of our favorite things to do was go out to dinner. He was always so well-behaved, and he really enjoyed it. We still do.
Ten Random Facts About Me:
- My husband asked how he can vote for me for the Leibster Award.
- I was 52 when I married, he was 53; first marriage for both of us. We’re coming up on ten whole years!!
- I was a single mother for 27 years.
- I am an Air Force brat. I graduated high school in Wiesbaden, Germany. 40 years after graduation, in Rapid City, SD, I happened to meet Bruce, with whom I graduated.
- It tickles me to no end that the word “stuff” is in the Bible. Several times.
- I dislike cleaning house.
- I enjoy cooking and baking.
- I belong to a Facebook group: Topical Steroid Withdrawal – Red Skin Syndrome. We are people from all over the world who suffer from steroid addiction/sensitivity and who are withdrawing from all steroids. It is a rough process. The stories and pictures that I see break my heart, especially the little ones. If you are interested, please visit https://itsan.org/ .
- I don’t think I like television as much as most people.
- Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve written my own scripts and choreographed my own dances for movies, all in my head.
All nominations are voluntary and if the blogger chooses to accept the nomination, please read the full rules here. (It’s a good idea to go there and read about this.) https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/
The short-list of rules is:
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Answer the questions you were asked.
Share 10 random facts about yourself.
Nominate at least 3 blogs for the award.
Make up 10 questions for your nominees and inform them of the nomination.
I nominate these for the Leibster award:
Maria Tatham https://pilgrimsprogressrevisted.com/
Greg Holt https://inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com/author/writinggomer/
Cheryl Zelenka https://inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com/author/cherylz1961/
Crystal Gaudet https://blogsbychristianwomen.com/author/crystal-gaudet/
Danielle Marcantel https://girly-christian.com/author/girlychristian/
Lois Robinson https://loftforum.wordpress.com/author/loftspeaker1/
Cindy Dawson https://realchristianwomen.blog/
Here are your ten questions:
- What makes you gasp in awe/delight?
- What weather makes you sparkle? Are you out in it, or watching?
- You know how a smell can trigger a memory and instantly transport you? Describe a vivid experience.
- Do you have a favorite idiom/saying/quip you use or have heard? Explain.
- What does the word, “speed” conjure up for you?
- Describe the tastes and textures of a favorite meal.
- Have you had one of those moments where the presence of God was strong? Describe.
- You are at a large picnic in a meadow; a barn and a small creek are nearby. The tables are spread with gingham cloths, and full of scrumptious, homemade food. Who is with you?
- City lights or down-home country?
- What was the best way you ever spent money?